Monday, August 23, 2010

Wizard Of Oz Inspired look =)



Hiii =) One of my favorite makeup companies, Beauty From The Earth, is coming out with a Wizard Of Oz collection. I love the movie sooo much! My whole room is decorated with it!

After they announced this was coming soon, I was inspired to do this look based on the classic scene in the beginning. For those who don't remember... After the tornado, Dorothy & Toto land in Oz.. Their house crushes the Wicked Witch of The East and killed her. All you can see are her black & white striped knee highs and ofcourse, the famous Ruby Red Slippers =)



For this look I used the following products:
  • Beauty From The Earth - Addicted eye pigment
  • Beauty From The Earth - Queen Of Hearts cosmetic glitter
  • SugarPill - Bulletproof (applied wet)
  • SugarPill - Tako (applied wet)
  • SugarPill - Asylum
  • Max Factor 2,000 Calorie Mascara in Very Black


I can't wait for this collection to come out.. They already revealed a sneak peek of it.. It should be released very soon so check out their website for more details <3


Thanks for reading!! ^_^ Leave comments if you'd like <3

2 comments:

  1. This look is fab! So cute! I love the detail of the striped socks in there!

    Are you a good witch? Or a bad witch? I would love to see 2 looks for Glinda (good witch of the north) and then the wicked witch of the east. That would be great :D

    Considering how big of a focal point the yellow brick road is in the story.. and the emerald city.. im surprised not to see a pretty sparkly emerald green in the collection and the yellow here .. isnt as good as what I thought it would be.. i think i prefer "MYAN" instead.. from BFTE. http://bftecosmetics.com/eyes/multi-use-minerals/yellows/myan ... the collection to me isnt as AWESOME as i think it could have been.. ill pass.. and grab the disney villains from Mac instead. so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! =)

    I like that idea of the Glinda & Wicked Witch of the East looks.. I'm going to try to do more Wizard of Oz inspired looks.. Thanks for the suggestion <3

    I totally agree about the collection! I was pretty disappointed in it as a whole but there's definitely some very pretty colors in it. They had said that they avoided a sparkly emerald green & a very deep yellow because it was too similar to other stuff from their company but I don't really agree with that. I also think it's strange for there to be two black colors in it considering the Wizard Of Oz is FULL of wild colors.

    ReplyDelete